IKNS Media Center COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
In compliance with the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and to prevent
the spread of COVID-19, students and faculty members are requested to follow the
instructions below when visiting the Media Center:
- Wear a facemask at all times.
- Maintain social distancing (keeping 1.5 - 2 meters apart).
- Sanitize regularly using the sanitizers available.
- The Media Centers will accommodate a maximum of 15 persons including library staff at a time.
- Bags and other personal belongings are not permitted inside.
- To reduce the risk of transmitting the virus, kindly refrain from talking loudly at all times.
- Students are asked to bring their own laptops and writing materials to use at the Media Center.
- Media Center computers and printing services are not available at this time.
- Students are not allowed to access books on the shelves, however, books are available
upon request from the library staff.
- Students and teachers may request to check-out books by sending an email to the staff
or place the items on hold via the online catalog. Requested books will be prepared by
the staff for collection.
- Students may check out a maximum of 2 books for a period of 2 weeks. For faculty and
staff members, please refer to the Borrowing Policies.
- Books should be returned to the drop box provided at the Circulation Desk to
sanitize before checked in the system.
- The Media Centers will store all returned material in a dedicated space for 48-hours
in order to disinfect before shelving.
Media Center Services During COVID-19
- Our Media Centers provides access to a variety of e-books and other digital and online resources.
These services also offer browsing of online catalogues from home at anytime.
- Media Centers staff are available to assist students and teachers with on how to use the available digital resources.
- Media Centers provide space and facilities for Virtual Learning and Teaching.