The High School Diploma Programme
Two thirds of IKNS students every year opt for the High School diploma programme.
High school students in grades 11 and 12 study six major subjects each year.
It is a requirement that all students in grades 11 and 12 study Arabic, English, and Mathematics over the two years. As for the rest of the major subjects, students can choose from the list below as long as the choices made by the students meet the school‚s graduation requirements. All the High School courses , except Arabic, English, and Mathematics, are one year courses that could be studied in either grade 11 or grade 12.
In addition to the six major subjects, students study four minor subjects divided over the two years: Physical Education, Critical Thinking, Islamic Philosophy, and Islamic Studies (which is taught for Muslim students over the two years).
The High School major courses offered at IKNS in grades 11 and 12 include the following:
- Introduction to Economics
- Business Studies
- Environmental Science
- Science Applications
- Applied Computing
- Computers and Information Technology
High school students can opt to replace some of the major subjects listed above by an IB subject taken for two years (grades 11 1nd 12). High School students can study up to four IB subjects, and sit for the IB Certificate at the end of grade 12.
The High School Coordinator provides the following services to High School students:
- Providing information about the High School diploma programme offered at IKNS in grades 11 and 12.
- Counselling and administering the course selection by grades 11 and 12 High School students.
- Monitoring the academic progress of grades 11 and 12 High School students.
- Overseeing coursework and deadlines.
- Administering the examinations of grades 11 and 12 High School students.