Duties of the Members of the Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board:
The Chairman is ultimately responsible for the implementation of the general school policies according to the constitution and the internal regulations. He/she oversees all school activities, and may delegate prerogatives and duties to other members. The Chairman may make decisions in matters requiring urgent decisions, then present the matter to the Board of Directors in the following meetings. The Chairman is responsible to the Board of Trustees for the good implementation of school policies and attainment of major broad school goals.
The Vice Chairman assumes all duties and prerogatives of the Chairman in his/her absence period. In addition, the Board of Directors may assign to him/her some financial, administrative or technical responsibilities.
The Secretary of the Board of Directors prepares the agenda and the minutes of the Board meetings and signs them along with the Chairman. The secretary supervises and keeps all written documentation including correspondence files, legal papers and contracts pertaining to the Board of Directors.
Chairman of the Finance Committee:
Chairman of the Finance Committee manages the school funds, accounts, and income and expenses. He/she places the school’s money in banks authorized to operate in the Kingdom of Bahrain and signs all payments, and payment orders along with the Chairman of the Board. He/she supervises the payment of school fees and payment records, and keeps all financial documents related to financial dues and liabilities according to the financial regulations of the school. He/she submits a monthly financial report to the Board of Directors including income and expenses. The chairman of the finance committee recommends to the Board the list of candidates to the membership of the financial committee.
Chairman of the Education Committee:
The Board of Trustees elects the committee Chairman from its members.
- The chairman of the educational committee recommends to the Board of Directors a list of candidates for the membership of the educational committee.
- He/she presents to the Board of Directors reports and minutes of the educational committee.
Chairman of the Technical Committee:
- The Board of Trustees elects the Chairman of the technical committee.
- The Chairman of the technical committee recommends to the board of Directors a list of candidates for the membership of the technical committee.
- He/she presents to the board of directors reports and minutes of the technical committee.